Lately, I’ve been feeling like I’m in a bit of a fitness rut. A few months ago I transitioned from working full-time in an office to launching my own freelance consulting and design business (more on that later), so now I make my own schedule and work in a home office. I absolutely LOVE it. But, even though I have complete control over my schedule and how I’m spending my time, not having the same rigid routine that I used to have is something to get used to. And it’s been a little tricky to get into a solid workout and eating cycle because my schedule is much more unpredictable. I’ve also been having a lot more lunch, happy hour, and dinner meetings, which is great because I’m eating great stuff, but less great because usually it’s not as healthy as what I’d have at home.
SO, I decided it was time to reign things in and get everything back on track. To do this, I’m putting myself on a 90-day fitness challenge. Here’s what I’m going to do, every day, for the next 90 days:
- Drink half a gallon of water each day
- Take all my vitamins each day
- Only allow myself 2 cheat meals per week
- Do the same set of exercises (below) each day
For me, the exercises I’m going to do are not intended to replace my normal weekly workouts. I will do them every day, even if I’ve worked out that day. I wanted to create a 15-minute series of effective exercises that I can do from anywhere without needing any equipment. So, that means I have no excuses to getting it done. I wanted to set something up to ensure that I get my body moving and work on my strength and fitness a little bit every day – even on those long, busy days where all I want to do is get in bed and watch Netflix.
Here are the exercises I’m going to do:
- Tracy Anderson Arms (7 minute arm workout with no weights, get the workout HERE)
- 1 minute forearm plank
- 1 minute side plank on each side
- 15 push ups (5 with my hands close together to focus on triceps, 5 with my hands wide apart to focus on pecs, and the last 5 back close together – substituting girl pushups if needed)
- 15 squats with narrow stance
- 15 squats with normal stance (feet at shoulder or hip width)
- 15 plie squats
- 15 clams with a resistance band, on both sides*
- 15 straight leg raises with a resistance band, on both sides*
- 15 angled leg raises with a resistance band, on both sides*
- 50 sit ups
*if you don’t have a resistance band, you can do those exercises without one. You can also have a workout buddy apply pressure to your leg to add resistance.
Anyone is invited to do this challenge along with me – it’s basically a create-your-own-adventure type thing. So, choose workouts and diet guidelines that make the most sense for you. The important thing is to choose something that you can commit to EVERY DAY for 90 days. You’re more than welcome to do the same thing as me. If you’re going to do the challenge too, comment and let me know what you’re going to do! I’ll be posting regular updates about it on my facebook page: facebook.com/LaurenMSalaun