This is a great nail look for winter and the holidays. It’s neutral with a little frosty bling, so honestly, you could even wear it year round. I’ve been sporting this look quite a bit this winter season. It looks really impressive, gets a lot of compliments, and it’s surprisingly easy. Watch the video above to learn how to do it!
(I’m using CND Shellac Nail Polishes, which are a gel hybrid polish. This is a specialty nail polish that I don’t recommend unless you’re willing to put the time into learning how to properly apply it. It’s also more costly than regular nail polish (plus you have to use a UV light to cure each coat of polish), so you have to be willing to put down a little money in the beginning too. If you’re willing to put the time and money into it, then I DO recommend these polishes. 90% of the time, I’m wearing Shellac over normal nail polish. As much as I can be a girly girl, I’m pretty tough on my hands, so normal polish chips way too easily. With Shellac, I can rock a beautiful manicure without chipping for 2-3 weeks!)
- Apply a base coat.
- Apply two coats of neutral color polish.
- Let the second color coat try enough so that it’s not wet, but so it is a little tacky to the touch.
- Using a precise makeup brush or paint brush, apply loose glitter to the tips of each nail.
- Using your finger, wipe away any glitter from the skin, and press your finger onto the glittery tips of each nail to lift off any excess glitter (so we don’t gunk up our top coat polish brush with glitter!).
- Apply at least two coats of top coat (loose glitter has a tendency to poke through one layer of polish, so two will really seal it in and make the nails nice and smooth).
Here are the products I used, as well as some alternate polishes if you’re not using CND Shellac.
- CND Shellac Base Coat – $13
- CND Shellac Bare Chemise Color Coat – $18
- CND Shellac Top Coat – $13
- Supernail Loose Glitter in Silver Rush – $5
- OPI Natural Nail Base Coat – $7
- OPI Barre My Soul Color Coat – $8
- OPI Top Coat – $9
- Tropical Shine Cushion Pink Nail File (Fine) – $1
- Beauty Secrets Coarse 100 Grit Black Nail File – $1
- Napoleon Perdis Small Eye Brush – $20
- Sephora Collection Cuticle Pusher – $14
- Revlon Cuticle Trimmer – $4
- Tweezerman Nail Clipper Set – $9